Losing your PC information or becoming a victim of cybercrime is one of the worst dreams one would ever have.
Imagine, previous evening you have prepared an essential report, but in the morning it’s completely gone. Each time you endeavor to open the document, it sends an error message, and there’s just nothing you can do to settle it.
So, how and for what reason did this happened?
Most likely, this is a virus attack. A virus might have invaded your computer system and have contaminated your records.
But then, what is a computer virus, how did it enter your system and ruined everything?
Keep reading further to find out more about this malicious PC threat.
What is computer virus?
A computer virus is a program designed to harm your PC by corrupting system files, destroying important information, use RAM space and creates a nuisance.
In simple words virus is typically a system infection that infects a computer system, replicates itself and spreads to other PC systems.
It is usually attached to software or document and transmitted from one system to another via emails, network sharing or portable devices like USBs.
Virus is a harmful programs aimed to contaminate and gain control over the exposed system.
Some are specifically create to destroy data; some are develop to create havoc once their code is executed, while few remain inactive until a specific program is executed that causes their code to run in the system.
How does a computer virus infect my PC?
Even if you are watchful, you can pick up PC viruses through regular Web actions like:
- Sharing music files, photos, etc., via portable devices.
- By visiting contaminated websites.
- By Opening attachment contained in the body of spam emails.
- Installing free games, media players, extension and various other PC utilities.
- By downloading software applications without thoroughly reading the terms and conditions mentioned in the license agreements.
- Infected links shared over Skype, Facebook messenger and Windows live messenger.
- Unpatched software and security gaps are often exploited by cybercriminals to spread a virus.
- Slow and sluggish system computer performance.
- Inconsistent computer behavior.
- Data loss without any logical reason.
- Regular computer crashes and screen freezing abnormalities.
- Annoying and unexpected pop-up notifications being displayed on your computer screen.
- Lack of storage space and RAM.
- Hijacked email account with questionable incoming and outgoing mails activities.
Ways to protect your computer from viruses
Now, that you are aware, agreeing with the presence of a virus on your computer may have dire consequences on its overall health. We have to use different encapsulating techniques, for this first we have to understand “encapsulation”
Here are few common ways by which you can protect your files from virus attack.
· Use Antivirus Protection
Having a robust antivirus program installed on your system is a must and should not be ignored at any cost.
The internet landscape and technological world are filled with a whole bunch of virus and other harmful malware.
Antivirus programs are specifically designed to scan, detect and destroy all existing virus and also provides real-time protection from zero-day threats.
Using an efficient antivirus program arms you against PC threats and makes your system less vulnerable to tactic extortions.
Luckily, nowadays a wide variety of antivirus programs is available for protection against the specific type of virus. Most common ones are an Anti-Ransomware program, Adware removal tool and many more.
Follow Proper Computer Disinfection
Apart from allowing your antivirus protect your computer device, it is essential that you practice basis system safety tips. Few are mentioned below for your reference:
- Don’t just click on any link: Do not open random web links shared over Facebook, received as email attachments or the ones available on unknown sites. Often they are loaded with virus, be entirely sure before opening any link.
- Keep your system updated: No matter how useless this sounds to you, having up-to-date system software’s is imperative for system security. Regular updates fill security gaps and lessen the chances of virus attack.
- Don’t just open any email: Following the email protocol is highly essential for the health of your computer. Do not open any emails received from unknown senders and ensure that you immediately delete such emails.
- Use Pop-up Blockers: Unwanted notification and pop-up banners are prominent carries of virus infections. Using an efficient pop-up blocker reduces the chances of virus attack.
An unprotected PC resembles an open entryway for PC infections.
Statistics demonstrate that a significant number of PCs nowadays are contaminated by a virus, and it is rising concern for all web clients and online surfers like us.
Preventing a virus from getting into your PC is a ton less demanding than erasing the existing ones. With proper watchfulness, you can keep away annoying virus from your PC.
Vigilance and use of a multi-layered system security software can protect your system against harmful PC threats and virus.